For more than 80 years, Evergood Fine Foods has been proudly family owned and operated.
In the early 1900’s the Jacob Rauscher, a master sausage maker, moved his family to the United States from their native home of Bavaria. 1926, the Rauscher family, opened “Evergood Pork Store,” in the Mission district of San Francisco. Their store was founded as a traditional European delicatessen. With their one smoke house, the Rauscher family manufactured a wide variety of old world German style sausages: Knockwurst, Kielbasa, Dinner Franks, Blood Sausage, Head Cheese, Thuringer, Berlinger Jadqwurst, Mettwurst, Liver Sausage, and more.
By the 1950’s, the popularity of Evergood sausages had grown beyond the neighborhood. As demand for these tasty sausages increased, Jacob’s son, Walter, expanded the business by bringing in two more sausage makers, George Ehrlich and Harlan Miller. In 1966, they built and moved to the current manufacturing facility in the Bayview district of San Francisco.
Today, some 82 years after the opening of the original Evergood shop, Harlan Miller and his two sons, proudly carry on the family tradition of the Evergood brand, making the finest sausages for your family to enjoy.